1 Star General - 2013 Build vs. 2014+

PongoX11

Hey everyone, recently bought a MAK 1-Star General through a local distributor. I asked if it was the most recent 1-Star which the guy said it was.

After getting it home and unpacking it, the registration card lists a 2013 build date, and it has a drip catch bucket, etc, which suggests its the old build.

Its a real hassle to return the thing, as they're about an hour away and I'll have to hit up buddy with the truck yet again (I already owe him untold amounts of beer and bbq).

Guess I have two questions.
Is the difference between the old build and new build all that significant?
What would you do in this situation?

Thanks.

So Cal Smoker

At the very least I would contact Bob at MAK and tell him how his distributor mislead you into thinking the unit was a new model. Than I would ask Bob to call and talk to the distributor about exchanging the unit for a 2015 model.
Buy your buddy a case of beer and tell him a great rack of ribs are fourth coming. If you settle for what you received, you'll always wonder if the new model would of been better. If you get your money back, take a look at Big Poppa's store for your needs. Good luck with your choice.

Bill

MAK DADDY

The only major mechanical difference will be the grease catch system like you stated.
Contact us with your serial number and we can tell you all the changes that were made since your grill was built.
Congrats on the new MAK smoker and thanks for buying American made!

scooter

Let Bob handle the dealer. Sorry for the deception that tainted what should have been a great transaction.
A lesson to learn from. Grills from Big Poppa Smokers come directly from the MAK factory to you.
Still, you will love your new 1 Star! Welcome to the MAK family!

Top Bottom