3rd Brisket... This time Texas Style...

Diverreb

View attachment 2583

10 hours in and an internal temp of 163.

Cooking low & slow without wrapping in foil.

225 Smoke Temp....

Looong stall, likely due to my injecting the meat.

Hopefully be ready in a few hours...

Was a Flat with a trim weight of about 7 Lbs.

Just a salt, pepper and bron sugar rub. Injected with a Beef Stock & Butter liquid.

Richie

Diverreb

Finished Product... MMMMMM!

Couldn’t wait for the desired Temps…

Took it off at 9:00 PM after a 12 hour smoke at 225. Temp was 176… Should be around 190….

It smelled too good and we were starving.

Turned out to be the best of the three I’ve done.

Could have been a little more tender and a little less salty on the rub…. Otherwise it’s getting very lose to where I want it to be.

No more wrapping in foil…. Much better flavor this way.

Nice smoke ring too…. And not dry at all.

View attachment 2584View attachment 2585

Big Poppa

Administrator
the more you cook the more absolutes disappear....A stall is due to evaporative cooling check out Greg Blonders Genuine Ideas. He is a genius and his studies are great at debunking myths...Amazing Ribs has a section on it too.

I believe that foil has several benefits...one of them is getting a brisket to the right temp without drying it out. 12 hours and 176 is a brisket that wasnt done....get it to probe tender and you will be amazed how good they are. WIth brisket the temp is not near as important as the probe feel.....it should offer little resistance

Mmmmm

the more you cook the more absolutes disappear....A stall is due to evaporative cooling check out Greg Blonders Genuine Ideas. He is a genius and his studies are great at debunking myths...Amazing Ribs has a section on it too.

I believe that foil has several benefits...one of them is getting a brisket to the right temp without drying it out. 12 hours and 176 is a brisket that wasnt done....get it to probe tender and you will be amazed how good they are. WIth brisket the temp is not near as important as the probe feel.....it should offer little resistance
I like the way you worded that. I've found if the probe "falls in like butter" the brisket will be overdone - juicy as can be but falling apart and won't hold a slice. To me the key is the step where there is, like you say "little resistance", but just before the "like butter" stage.

Big Poppa

Administrator
yep mmmmm expecially if is going to sit in foil in a cambro or towel it will continue to cook on....at butter if you served it it may be fine but when you slice it later it wont be

Top Bottom