4th of July Cooking

KristenBPS

Well I did not have to cook on the actual 4th~spent the day at the lake and hanging with friends.

But here is tonight's dinner...

Sweet Money Ribs

Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes

A few hours later, foil love for the ribs & potatoes on the top rack

Veggies--wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with Desert Gold

On the grill

Since I'm the "caterer" for this meal there is no plated pic, but here they are just before they hit the table.

Ribs:):

Happy parents & dinner guests! There is pecan pie for desert but I forgot to take a picture of it.

TentHunter

I do believe I could sink my teeth into a few of those ribs.

Those Rosemary Au Gratin potatoes sure sound good too.

SisInLaw

Those ribs have a great looking glaze on them. I keep overcooking mine (nobody complains because they think "falling off the bone" is a good thing but Johnny Trig taught me better) and I'd like to get more of a saucy finish.

KristenBPS

Those ribs have a great looking glaze on them. I keep overcooking mine (nobody complains because they think "falling off the bone" is a good thing but Johnny Trig taught me better) and I'd like to get more of a saucy finish.

After the foil, I just use a brush and a little Countryside for a short time to set the sauce. Love the light sauce & slight glaze to it, great accent but not overpowering the rib flavor.

KristenzPoppa

The meal was delicious! It was a belated Christmas gift from Kristen to her Mom, but I got to share in it. (one of the many great things about being Kris' Dad). The ribs were perfect, the potatoes had a unique, but excellent flavor and I doubt I'll every enjoy green beans or asparagus again unless they are smoked with bacon.

Top Bottom