A Little Crab

bflodan

OK, Ill start it off.. We havent had a nice crab dinner in forever and we where suppose to hit LV Strip tonight for one but since my folks where sick we had nowhere for the kids to go.. Headed out to the Market and bought some nice Dungeness and Snow Crab Clusters...

I did a couple dungeness clusters for crab cakes on the smoke setting for about 45 min.

crab001.jpg

While that was on I made a tarragon aioli using evoo, fresh lemon juice, 1 egg yolk, fresh garlic, salt, a dash of pepper sauce, plus about 1/4 cup almost boiling water all into the processor and then stirred in fresh chopped tarragon....

crab002.jpg

crab003.jpg

Pulled the crab and deshelled it also chopped up a green onion... Combined that with some of the aioli and some panko... Formed into cakes and coated with some more panko..

crab006.jpg

crab008.jpg

Put the rest of the legs on smoke for about 20 min then up to 300 for about 10min as i basted them with some clarified butter, fresh garlic, bps garlic salt w/p and soileaus ca fe cheaux..Put them in the box and cranked it to heat up the mak griddle.. A little evoo and then put the cakes on for about 4min per side..

crab009.jpg

crab010.jpg

crab011.jpg

Served the cakes atop the aioli with a little drizzle of it also and a little mesclun salad... also made some more clarified butter for dipping..

crab015.jpg

It was excellent!!! Tasted as good if not better than some of the dinners we get on the Strip!! Its all in the MAK!!

My 3 year old son Insisted that I get a picture of his meal and post it on hear also.. He enjoyed some dinasaur chicken nuggets, steamed carrots and applesauce...

crab016.jpg

ACW3

Love the crab feast. We don't have access to that kind of crab around here on a regular (and affordable) basis. I love crab, anyway it can be cooked.

Art

Top Bottom