AAAGH - it's almost Thanksgiving

Deb

I'm behind this year and am sitting here with cookbooks, magazines ,a grocery list and menu started and it's just not all coming together :eek: I want to do some different stuff ....... what are you cooking? and I'm not just talking about the turkey - spill it all please.... I need inspiration..... :D

scooter

I don't think you'll get inspiration for different stuff from this menu from my brother. It's pretty traditional. Sorry.
I've never had a green salad for Thanksgiving before!

Turkey with Dressing and gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato casserole
Cauliflower gratin
Cut Yellow Corn
Green Salad
Dessert

scooter

lol, not even sure it's ethical!
tongue2.gif

Forgot to mention that my big brother is not a traditionalist so greenbean casserole was deliberately left off the menu. We'll be bringing a greenbean casserole with us....hehe

Pappymn

I make a couple of things that aren't totally traditional.

Wild mushroom and leek stuffing

Creamed corn and bacon spoon bread

New this year: sausage, cranberry and corn bread stuffing.

At my house, I you want to eat something that isn't brown, you will need to bring it ;)

cowgirl

My head is spinning too. Thanksgiving lands right in the middle of deer season. I've got to come up with several days worth of meals for 10 people and cook turkey dinner too. At least I have one day's meal planned. :(

Deb

Hey, wait a second! You already have your turkey stock made! Doesn't that make you a little ahead of the game??

yeah but I usually have cranberry sauce , stuffing bread and other stuff in the freezer. I also might be almost Scooter-like :p with it and have a whole menu, timeline and shopping list in a spreadsheet....... none of which are done

Deb

My head is spinning too. Thanksgiving lands right in the middle of deer season. I've got to come up with several days worth of meals for 10 people and cook turkey dinner too. At least I have one day's meal planned. :(

good luck jeanie! I know whatever you serve will be awesome

Big Poppa

Administrator
For the first time my wife isnt making a oven turkey...the smoker wins...will not be cooking at the smoker garden but there is a mak and a drub where Im cooking...will cook three turkeys two in a half pan on the MAK and one spatchcocked on the drum

I like to make wacky stuffing...you can check the last few years but Im sneaking up on an idea.....

I also like the basic Ocean Spray back of the bag cranberry sauce and I always make a second...The cranberry sauce this year is going to be a Jalapeno Cranberry sauce...I will practice once to perfect...

I cannot stand the green bean casserole so that will not make an appearance.

I am going to make a version of my foil bagged cauliflour

scooter

You mean you don't like the greenbean casseroles you've been served right? I'm sure a BP spin on the old classic recipe could revive the dish for you! Greenbean and smoked jalapeño casserole with deep fried shallots on top? Open up that pallet of paints man and bring a classic into the new century. lol

wneill20

I will be heading to Springfield Mo for Thanksgiving, So i be smoking a turkey today with the usual, Green Bean Casrole, Mash taters,stuffing,corn and desert.

KristenBPS

We are sticking with traditional dishes...but I am going to spatchcock the turkey and cook it with MINNIE. However this seems to be a little too far off for my parents, they just informed me that they will cook their own turkey in the oven. they SAY its so they can cook it stuffed.

I still say my turkey & stuffing on the MAK will taste better:)! We shall see what happens on Thursday.

scooter

It will Kristen! After your turkey faceoff on Thursday, I'm confident your smoked bird will get the nod from your parents next year. They just need to have a side by side comparison before they take the risk. Your MAK bird will win easily over an oven bird!

TentHunter

KristenBPS said:
...they just informed me that they will cook their own turkey in the oven. they SAY its so they can cook it stuffed.

I still say my turkey & stuffing on the MAK will taste better:)!

That's OK Kristen. When they see how much quicker, juicy & tasty your bird is, they just may see the light!

RickB

Well will not be cooking for our house this thanksgiving. Our dear friends niece Amber was in a horrible automobile accident .Please keep her in your prayers.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
rickb so sorry I hope she is fine...

I remember the first time that I wanted to deep fry one...I had to do a dress rehearsal...so I had her cook one and I fried one and had a bunch of college kids over for Monday Night Football....The fried ones carcass looked like the kids polished it.....not one piece of edible bird left....we made sammies with her left overs for a week.

When I wanted to smoke one ok 4 there was no resistance...

Top Bottom