• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Shop Big Poppa Smokers

Auger too slow for Grill mode (sometimes)

soom

Hi

Looking for some help with my 2 Star.

When I want some high temp GRILL temps, my Mak does not always come up to temp. (like 1 out of 10 times).

I can see that it ignites OK, but after that the auger does not dump enough pellets to get high temps. Its not a issue with the pellets because it seems to work fine the next day..

I've had my 2 star for almost 8 years now.. I upgraded the Igniter..other than than everything else is original equipment

Thanks

mcschlotz

The best advice is to contact MAK, they can get you sorted out and running. I interpret you to say that 1 time in 10 the MAK does not come up to temp i.e. only 10% of the time it doesn't reach temp. By 'upgraded' do you mean you've installed the 'flashfire' igniter? Are you starting with a cleaned out firepot?

sschorr

You should consider upgrading at least the firmware on your Pellet Boss controller. There have been some significant upgrades/changes to the controller over the last 8 years.

MAK DADDY

The auger will turn continuously when set to grill mode and there is only one speed.
Contact us at MAK Grills and we will help you out :)

Top Bottom