Bacon Hash Stuffed Potatoes! On the Mak Four Star Its a good one!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok i slowed down on posting my food due to the lack of reaction.....Scooter told me to keep posting so here it goes!

fire your pellet grill to 400

I love to create things with Potatoes.....I was wandering through the market waiting for an idea and it hit me...I saw they Yukon Gold.....What if I split them in half....used a melon baller to dig the center out
IMG_0670_zpsc47b4401.jpg

Season the taters and give a light coat of olive oil
IMG_0673-2_zps4b4eab54.jpg

onto the smoker for 18 minutes face up
IMG_0676-1_zpsc77b1748.jpg

.....then take some bacon and dice a saute....
IMG_0674-1_zps29bb35d4.jpg

then use a tad of bacon grease and some sweet butter and saute until browned the tater remnants and diced red bell pepper and sweet onion season everything taters hash and all withe Big Poppa Jalalujah with maple bacon
IMG_0679-1_zps58f1ed6d.jpg

when they are done fold back in the bacon
flip the taters face down to brown the tops for 15 minutes then pull from cooker
put a tiny bit of butter and some grated cheese..(I used mexican blend)
IMG_0680-2_zps4507cee6.jpg

fill the taters with the potato hash
IMG_0681-1_zps406026d7.jpg

put a hearty amount of cheese on the tops and put back in the smoker for aobut 4 minues to melt
put about 5 tablespoons of sour cream in a baggie and cut one corner a very tiny amount and drizzle with sour cream and top with diced green onions
IMG_0683-1_zps6ecee1b7.jpg

here is the plated breakfast two over easy eggs two kinds o sliced pears with a sour cream brown sugar glaze....(use the remnants of the sour cream from the taters add 2 tablespoons of sour cream mix up and use it up great on strawberries too)
IMG_0684_zps5f860469.jpg

jimsbarbecue

The potato is a keeper idea. Just thinking you could substitute the bacon with pulled pork, chopped brisket or any leftover meat. Good thing I already have to go out. Will add some Yukon gold and a melon baller if Patty doesn't have one.

jimsbarbecue

I tried to screw this up.I used red instead of Yukon gold. I used Desert Gold for spice. Used crumbled left over meat loaf instead of bacon. Didn't use any peppers just onions and no sour cream. Was still real good.
Now need to try it the right way with the yukons and it did need the sour cream. Was fine with the desert gold , can see the
jala_bacon_13.3oz_winner.jpg
would give it a nice bolder flavor. I like these better then twice bake.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Scooter I get all of my ideas on the way to or at the market. If you want to move it to hof it certainly is a good one.

BBQ Bill

Not trying to be a post whore but I have to make a Brisket for family coming in a couple weeks. I'm gonna give this a try for a side. Looks fantastic and I think it would be a great addition to my Brisket recipe.

Top Bottom