Big Poppa Spices, new MAK on the way

peedeeque

I am replacing a Traeger with a new MAK 1 Star so I am excited as could be expected. Shipping company called today to confirm delivery this week.

I took advantage of a limited time special that BPS had offering a nice assortment of spices and rubs with this purchase. Those spices and rubs shipped from BPS directly so I already got them. My wife and I were excited to have available several (new to us) flavors to try. I immediately wanted to try the Bacon Jalapeno and she also had a couple that caught her attention. I had just seeded out a couple of pie pumpkins to brew a fall Pumpkin Ale, so I had fresh pumpkin seeds to roast. I sprayed them with olive oil and roasted several flavors tossing with different BPS rubs. I mean WOW they are amazingly good!

I typically think of smoked meats and how the various rubs will work on them. BUT pumpkin seeds....we are thinking out of the box now......and out of sight good!

Thanks Big Poppa for the special spice package with my MAK grill!! I am sure the grill be smokin' in a day or two.

MAK DADDY

First off, congrats on the new MAK and thank you for buying American made!
This pumpkin seed idea is great, I am going to try a bunch of different rubs and roast them on the MAK!
Maybe BPS will send me some too ;)

peedeeque

Uh oh....Big Poppa is gonna scold me for giving away secrets! I do encourage you to try his rubs on roasted pumpkin seeds!!!

jimsbarbecue

BPS rubs are so good. Desert Gold and Litle Louie's are some of the most universal rubs. I love Desrt Gold on salads and anything we zoodle. Little Louie's replaces any season salt. Don't let the name pigeon hole what you use them on. We use Cash Cow and Little Louie's on chicken with simply marvelous season all. Plus you have a new MAK grill to cook everything on

peedeeque

BPS rubs are so good. Desert Gold and Litle Louie's are some of the most universal rubs. I love Desrt Gold on salads and anything we zoodle. Little Louie's replaces any season salt. Don't let the name pigeon hole what you use them on. We use Cash Cow and Little Louie's on chicken with simply marvelous season all. Plus you have a new MAK grill to cook everything on

Agreed Jim, I use rubs in a wide variety of ways. I have used Simply Marvelous rubs with great success in the SC BBQ Assn. I shook a generous amount of Cash Cow in a Bloody Mary...mmmm that hit the spot. BTW, my MAK came in today and I just finished assembly. Gonna season and probably toss on a spatchcocked brined chicken after work tomorrow. What BPS rub do you like on your bird? Little Louie?

Last edited:

Quadman750

The rubs are amazing, the price doubles by the time it gets to my door(shipping,duty/brokerage,taxes) thanks Canada. But it is well worth it. Everything I cook on the smoker, Bbq, stove or in the oven I use Big Poppas rubs & spices. All my friends want me to order Big Poppas rubs for them with my next order so it's going to be a big one.

Last edited:

sptucker

Agreed. BPS spice mixes are da bomb. I have turned several friends onto the rubs and they all love 'em!

I have at least one of all the flavors -- so many choices. But, I'm currently having an affair with Jallelujah. Salmon, chuck roast, pork chops, steak, chicken... even brussels sprouts. Soooo gooood...

jimsbarbecue

Agreed Jim, I use rubs in a wide variety of ways. I have used Simply Marvelous rubs with great success in the SC BBQ Assn. I shook a generous amount of Cash Cow in a Bloody Mary...mmmm that hit the spot. BTW, my MAK came in today and I just finished assembly. Gonna season and probably toss on a spatchcocked brined chicken after work tomorrow. What BPS rub do you like on your bird? Little Louie?

cash cow then little Louie's and final is simply marvelous season all. All three on chicken .

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum!

BP's Jallelujah is my favorite. It is great on pork with a maple glaze. The play between the salty, sweet & hint of heat is incredible!

jimsbarbecue

Just came back from the avocado festival in Carpinteria Calif. we purchased some Reed avocados and made our own guacamole dip as the one the sold didn't match making your own with BP Jallelujah salt

Top Bottom