• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Shop Big Poppa Smokers

Brine with Chicken Prod?

BBQDad

Hey guys I'm smoking a bunch of wings tomorrow and wanted to brine them first. Would you guys recommend using BPS Cattle Prod for a brine? I have my goto brine for wings but was curious about using Cattle Prod. Thanks in advance =)

I saw nobody answered. I guess you’ll have to be the guinea pig. I wouldn’t think a beef brine would be great for chicken but you never know. Let is know if you tried it out.

Last edited:
Usually a brine has salt & sugar & can have many other spices added to it. It’s mostly to keep food moist but they add flavor as well.

Salmonsmoker

I have used Chicken Prod for brining. It works great. I don't remember the brine time, probably a couple, maybe three hours. Chicken brines pretty quick. Very moist chicken.

cowolter

My go to for chicken is a cup of brown sugar, half cup of kosher salt and a gallon of water for my fast brine. Refrigerate chicken in brim for a minimum 12 hours

If I have time, Alton Brown’s Turkey brine recipe is amazing and my go to every holiday season.

Last edited:
Top Bottom