• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Brisket - Cattle Prodded and Cash Cow'd

Started with a Costco Prime Brisket, about 14 lbs. This brisket had the thickest flat on any brisket that I have cooked! I trimmed, injected with BPS Cattleprod injection, and rubbed with BPS Cash Cow. Put on the smoker on smoke for an hour then raised to 265°F:

vuGSDuk.jpg

After about 5.5 hours, I had the color I wanted:

WfSDZrR.jpg

Foiled and probbed with Thermworks Smoke and Chef Alarm:

CVHrsuz.jpg

Alarms went off at 198°F, and they probed smooth. Pulled off, rested for two hours and ready to slice:

gjvrl6k.jpg

Flat sliced with nice smoke ring:

oMr1WZ7.jpg

Past the bend test and pulled perfect also:

coSfVAz.jpg

Another picture:

56IzoqB.jpg

All plated up:

V34lbfO.jpg

This is by far the best brisket I have cooked. It was the first brisket I have injected, and I finally think I cooked it right.

Thanks for looking!

TentHunter

I'm not a fan of brisket flat (I prefer the point), but I've got to admit that one looks pretty dang good! Nice Job.

Top Bottom