brisket finished way early... what to do???

Patrick_CT

Cooking a 8# flat and came down this morning to it being 195.. not eating for 6 hours.. Plan now is to FTC and hope it keeps the heat and throw it back on to heat it more later

Any better ideas what to do?

Happy 4th!

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick_CT

ok.. I have to have faith in the FTC. I am concerned that my MAK is running hot since more pellets were gone than expected also. Need to get an IR temp gun one of these days.

With the full upper rack, i thought the temp would be a little lower than on the bottom rack.. my logic may be flawed.

Big Poppa

Administrator
the ir stuff i found pretty useless...you have to take the reading with the hood open...an eight pound flat should not take that long

Patrick_CT

Brisket held until about 2pm (6 hours in the FTC) came out really hot still. Put it in the warming tray in foil for last 45min while the 6 racks or BB's were finishing. All came out goood!

Thanks BP for the reassurance ;)

Patrick_CT

10pm or 2 hours on smoke. then 225 when I went to bed around midnight. Checked at 3am when feeding the newest addition :) and was in the stall. Then at 6am it was basically done. 195. heated about 1 cup of beef bouillon, rub and dried chiplolte flakes added it to the foil and double wrapped tight.

It retained a lot of juice and everyone enjoyed it.

Top Bottom