Can't remove this grease to save my life

SmokingDents

I managed to get some grease on the body of the grill. I can't even get it off. I've tried soap and water, fantastic with is safe on SS and goo gone. Nothing phase it! See attached pictures. Please help if you know the trick, this thing has only been cooked on twice.

MAK DADDY

Please fill me in........

Nothing against you SmokingDents, this thread just reminded me of Scooter. He is a little OCD with cleaning his grill while a lot of us (me included) lets just say keep our grill "well seasoned". He would cry if he saw my grill LOL, but it is loved no less I assure you :)

Your cool, we have a lot of grill owners keep their MAK's looking super sharp!

SmokingDents

What about really getting it down and clean? Like all the residual smoke on the back and sides? What do you recommend for a down right cleaning of the grease tray, flame zone, FZ lids and cooking grate? I foiled the flame zone and lids but it still gets a bit messy under the foil. However, the bulk of the stuff is on top of the foil. I'm having a lot of fun learning about the grill, smoking and talking to the folks at Mak. Yesterday I bought the mobile wifi, upper grill grate and a extra probe. I'm looking into the non stick mats now.

MAK DADDY

Scooter would be the best person to answer this question. If you want to keep it that clean it will have to be done after every cook.
Barkeepers friend (liquid) seems to be the most popular for grease and smoke stains. The inside gets super hot so all that stainless will turn a dark color over time, you can't change that. Some areas on the outside if grilling a lot may discolor slightly as well, again the Barkeepers friend should help that. Glad your enjoying the MAK, remember its all about the food :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Hey Smokin Dents You do know that MAK Daddy owns MAK grills and I own Big Poppa Smokers.

We love having you here but there are five years worth of search queries that can help you. Also with customer service issues your dealer is the best place for those.

SmokingDents

Thanks for the warm welcome. Last place I want to deal with is my area dealer, it wasn't a good experience after all. I figured being a newbie I would like to ask all the questions I may have in mind, specially after making a large investment. I kinda feel like my pork butt hurts now and I'm afraid to ask or say any more.

Hey Smokin Dents You do know that MAK Daddy owns MAK grills and I own Big Poppa Smokers.

We love having you here but there are five years worth of search queries that can help you. Also with customer service issues your dealer is the best place for those.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Smokin Dents That wasnt my intention...but it didnt seem that you knew that the owner of MAK was helping you,
ALso as a newbie please use the search field....its a great resource...if you dont find your answer, fire away.

We are really here to share ideas and recipes and the passion for pellet smoking. All too often it can turn into a customer service thread. That isnt very interesting and most dealers are happy and prepared to help you. In this google world also these threads get searched and what may not have been a problem has a shelf life like nuclear waste. If your dealer can't help you MAK can...they are great

Now the touchy subject. Everybody is welcome here regardless if they are customers of Big Poppa Smokers or not. The fact remains that we really appreciate any support we can get. IF everybody bought their MAK and supplies elsewhere there would be no forum. It's also hard to be expected to provide after sale customer service when you didnt get the benefit of the sale.

SmokingDents

Big Poppa, thank you for taking the time to respond and making your concerns clear. Im looking to continuing my support, pass on good words to my friends about BPS and share my cooking experiences with you all. Thank you all in advance, SD.

TentHunter

Please fill me in........

SmokinggDents, sorry if my reply threw you a curve ball!

Like MAK Daddy explained, it's an inside joke about scooter's penchant for a super clean grill.

If scooter saw my grill he'd probably whince! Mine is in that category of "well seasoned." I keep it clean for safe cooking, but not... ahem... "scooter clean" :rolleyes: :p

Cliff

scooter

mine is well seasoned also...but only on the inside.. lol

Actually, #28 is a complete mess on the outside right now due to the Greased Lightning vs Zep face off test I'm staging so I'm ramping up the "seasoning" on the outside.

Top Bottom