Chasinsparks here and I will be a new pellet smoker!

Chasinsparks

Hello All,
Chasinsparks here, wife is treating me to a Mak 2 Star and some accessories for Christmas. I have never used a Pellet Smoker before but have spent many years drooling. I'm extremely excited and anxious for that truck to arrive.

Couple of questions, maybe someone can answer.

How much assembly is required. (She is ordering the cabinet, front shelf and the super smoker box)

Is there going to be any significant changes from 2016 model to the 2017 models.

This is for Big Pappa (She can ask when she places the order, I'm just curious) does the lift gate service just deliver to driveway or will the take it up stairs to my deck.

Any tips for a first timer?

Thanks
Chasinsparks

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum. You're going to love your 2 Star!

I could be wrong, but as far as I know the lift gate service includes getting it off the truck and into your driveway, not up any additional stairs.

SmokinKat

Welcome, and congrats on the great Christmas present!!

Main advice would be to read the manual and the FAQ page on our website: MAK FAQs | MAK Grill

Just like any pit you might have used before, it takes a little getting familiar with things and how they work. The manual and FAQ page have a lot of information on how the MAK is designed to work, and how to get the best results out of it!

Keeping up on cleaning is going to be an important factor in how the grill preforms, and we've tried to make it as easy as possible. There's a recommended schedule in the manual and the FAQ page as well.

I'd say set aside about 2 hours for assembly and reading-- probably won't take you near that long, but you don't want to be rushing before it gets dark/cold outside. Read through the instructions once before beginning, and please don't hesitate to give us a ring if you've got any questions or need more assistance with any steps! 503-623-1234

-- Kat from MAK

Chasinsparks

Thank you all for the replies. today 22 Dec 16 I received my first package from Big Poppas, it is extremely hard looking at 2 bags of pellets , some rubs and few other things and no MAK 2 Star yet next Wed/Thursday should be an exciting day.

mcschlotz

Congrats on the MAK 2 Star - you're going to love it!

This thing comes on a pallet and is quite heavy. You're going to need a couple of strong people to get it up some stairs. I would suggest you use those two people to carry pieces up to the deck and do your assembly there.

scooter

Welcome to PS.com and welcome to the MAK family!!

I've assembled at least 5 two stars. Twice by myself. It can be done solo but like Jim mentioned it definitely is nice to have another to help with getting the legs on and standing it up on its wheels.
mcschlotz's suggestion to open the box and move it piece by piece to the location for assembly is something I've done myself and can give a thumbs up to. Although a $20 bill will usually get the driver to move it into position or at least assist you in doing so.

Top Bottom