Cheers! My name is Jim and I'm NOT a pellet smoker, YET!

Salmonsmoker

I'm a long time Salmon smoker, a little hobby picked years ago when I lived in Alaska. Actually, not as much a hobby, as food prep and storage for those long winters. I also make sausage, brine and smoke meats. I started out with a "Little Chief" and must have put 1000# through it before it won it's retirement. I'm currently using the Bradley digital 6-rack. My every day BBQ is on it's last legs, so I'm in the process of finding a new grill. Tired of flavorless propane! I've been looking at the MAK 2-Star and the Memphis Pro 400. Any thoughts? Big Poppa?

squirtthecat

Ditto! I've got a Bradley OBS, and a couple-three pellet eaters.. (including a MAK 1 Star)

You could always take a road trip down to Dallas, OR and check out the MAK production facility in person.

Rip

Welcome to the forum Jim! Lots of info on MAK and Memphis here. The search feature will help you find them.

ACW3

Welcome from a North Carolina MAK owner. I bought my MAK from BP, and it didn't hurt at all. Give him a call.

Art

RickB

I must admit i am a bit biased...but you cant go wrong with a Mak 2. And theres only one place to get it. Give BP a call, he'll hook ya up!

Salmonsmoker

Thanks for your replies everyone. Bent and Squirt, I recognize your handles from the Bradley forum...I've been lurking there for a few years, but have never posted. I noticed on the specs of the two I'm looking at, that the Memphis can reach 650*F while the Mak's is 500*F. Is this an issue at all for searing steaks? What about the Mak or Memphis in cold weather smoking and grilling?

Chili Head

Welcome salmonsmoker!
I have a bradley digital 4 rack which led me to the pellet smoker/grill scene. I bought the MAK 2 star and haven't looked back! Not once have I second guessed my decision or wished the 2 star would run hotter. Do yourself a favor..no matter which pellet cooker you decide on you need to get it from BP. The service can't be beat!

cowgirl

Welcome to the forum! I use a Memphis Pro and love it. The coldest weather I've used the unit in was 9F, it worked great. Looking forward to your input here!

Salmonsmoker

Well, after all of your helpful postings and some more research on my own, I've made a command decision. The hand points to the MAK 2-Star. SWMBO concurred. As soon as the bottom falls out of my Weber gasser we'll be doing the MAKDADDY.

Top Bottom