Chuck Eye Steaks with Peppers and Cheese

Tatonka3A2

The main players - Chuck Eye steaks, Tatonka Dust, Uncle Gary's Gourmet Peppers, and mexican shredded cheese.

Steaks smoking with the tube smoker @ 150° for 1 hour.

On to the grill gates getting a couple minute sear on each side.

After a quick sear, pulled the steaks off the flames and added the peppers.

Next up - adding the mexican cheese.

All served up with some brussel sprouts seasoned with BPS Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeno Salt and garlic toast.

Money shot!! Holy steak heaven!! We generally don't top our steaks with anything but I wanted to do something different. The flavor of the steak with the seasoning along with the peppers and cheese paired perfectly - it was amazing.

hank858SD

Nice looking plate of food there. I 2nd Xylosmoke on his picture comments. You must have a photography background of some sorts. I could never get such terrific pictures like your postings

Thanks for Sharing

Tatonka3A2

Thanks everyone, sometimes you get lucky with a good pic. Far from any type of photographer... there is a lot of BBQ folks here that take amazing pictures!!

So Cal Smoker

Tatonka, thanks for sharing your amazing cook. It never came to mind to top a nice steak with cheese, peppers yes, but cheese no. Saturday night I'm going to use your recipe. Tatonka is there a reason you use Mexican cheese? Again, thanks for sharing.

Tatonka3A2

Tatonka, thanks for sharing your amazing cook. It never came to mind to top a nice steak with cheese, peppers yes, but cheese no. Saturday night I'm going to use your recipe. Tatonka is there a reason you use Mexican cheese? Again, thanks for sharing.

The peppers I used were kind of spicy and all I had in the fridge was the mexican cheese or cheddar... the cheddar didn't sound good to me with the peppers. I will do it again for sure!!

Darwin00537

I'm super impressed you rocked the reverse sear, warmed the peppers and melted the cheese, and still managed to have a nice red interior on the chuck eye. What kind of grill is that and what is Tatonka dust? It reminds me of "Southern Flavor" which is one of my fav seasonings of all time.

Tatonka3A2

I'm super impressed you rocked the reverse sear, warmed the peppers and melted the cheese, and still managed to have a nice red interior on the chuck eye. What kind of grill is that and what is Tatonka dust? It reminds me of "Southern Flavor" which is one of my fav seasonings of all time.

Thanks!! Those chuck eyes were done on a pellet grill, the Yoder YS640 with grill grates.

Tatonka Dust is a seasoning that we sell, primarily available online. Just google Tatonka Dust and you should find us. If you have problems finding it shoot me a PM here and I will direct you to the right place to check it out. You can also search facebook for "Tatonka Dust" and that will have more info as well.

Top Bottom