• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Cider Mill Maple Burbon Bacon

MitchP

OK this is my first attempt at making bacon and is modified from tenthunter's recipe, thanks Cliff. I just put it in to cure so it'll be a couple of weeks before I can taste it. Sometimes a time machine would be nice. :eek:

Anyhow this is the brine I'm using.

1 gal of Distilled Water
1/2 gal of Apple Cider
1 1/3 cups of Morton Canning salt
6 level tsp of Prague Powder #1
1 1/2 cups of organic pure maple syrup
2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup of Kentucky Bourbon

It smelled fabulous, especially if you like Bourbon. I'll get some pictures going as the process moves along. I will be smoking with Apple wood. I just added a well known cold smoke generator to my pellet smoker so I am stoked to see how this all comes together. More later.

TentHunter

I can't wait to see this one finished. The addition of the maple (which I love) and the Burgin sure has my curiosity piqued.

Top Bottom