Cold smoke generator

TrickyDick

Hello,

I'm assembling the components for a DIY dry cure chamber in which I would like the ability to do cold smoking as well. My cold smoke generator I had previous to getting my MAK is a Bradley unit, and to create cold smoke it's rather bulky. I'm not sure that it's going to be what I'm looking for with the Cure chamber build.

What other options are there? My chamber is going to be smallish 5.5 cu. feet so I don't need any industrial units. I know at least one member has modified their MAK with a smoke Daddy unit? How do those work? I suppose I could always smoke in my MAK but even the tube smoker creates heat, and gets up to 120 degrees, lit both end... With a fridge unit that I'm using would certainly keep the temp to whatever I'd set it at.

Thanks in advance. I'll post my build in a separate thread once I've made some progress. I decided to go a different route than initially planned over a year ago.

TD

TentHunter

Is the dry-cure chamber sealed? If so, will you even be able to use a smoke generator in it without venting?

Asking, because I really don't know.

TrickyDick

No it would not be sealed. There are vents to regulate airflow with programmable fans above and below the chamber. I am thinking that a smoke daddy unit might be overpowering. I am planning to get it built first then add the smoke generator later, but wanted to build it first while making allowances for a cold smoker. It will be on a cart such that when smoking, it could be rolled outside (as long as it's not raining). I am planning to mostly do meats, but try cheese as well from time to time.

Top Bottom