• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Did you ever ruin a smoke just by winging it?

mcschlotz

Well, last time I did ribs, that was the case and I paid for it :(. Didn't read my notes, or follow my recipe, didn't pay attention to the clock, even winged putting together the homemade BBQ sauce... Results: dry, nasty tastings ribs with a sauce that was unimpressive. Bottom line: I got cocky and it put me in my place.

Fast forward to today. Never again am I going to do that. I've pre-read my notes. I'm following the smoking & the bbq sauce recipes, and have noted my timings. So far, the sauce has been made (and tastes great:p) and the ribs are doing their thing 1 hour into what most likely will be a 4 1/2 - 5 hour smoke. Stay tuned ...

Matt

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im different. Other than comp 100% of my cooks Im winging it.....go to the market get an ideal ;fire up the cooker and cook it.

mcschlotz

Well, it appears I definitely fall into the camp of 'follow your plan'. The Kurobuta Ribs turned out fantastic last night. I worked my plan. They got done in 4:50. Tenderness spot on, flavor profile the way we like it & the sauce was a perfect addition. Placed comment in my notes "Do this EVERY TIME!". :eek:

Top Bottom