Doing Jerky On The Mak 1 Star

Carter13

This my third try at doing jerky on my 1 Star. I cut the meat about 1/4" minus with the grain.
I prefer to use flank steak for jerky. It is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

INGREDIENTS.
3 to 4 pounds flank steak
2/3 cup worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon true lime
This amount will be plenty of marinade for up to 4 pounds for meat.
I worked from this recipe. Jerky Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

I set the pelletboss on smoke and cooked for two hours to get a nice smoke flavor infused in the meat. I do the same when I do pistachios. I finished off in my oven at 175 with the door craked till the right consistancy. I plan on getting a dehydrator.

Here is the jerky on some racks I bought from Cabellas. They give you a really large pan with three racks. You can only fit two on the Mak second rack.
View attachment 1305
Here is the finished product. I started with 3.6 pounds and finished with 1.75 pounds.
View attachment 1306

I love doing this jerky and nuts so I can enjoy the fruits from my Mak at work and play for snacks on the go.:D

Tatonka3A2

NICE!!! I have jerky on my to-do list as soon as i get some frogmats ordered.

Is there a little kick to them? Still looking for a good "spicy" jerky.

Carter13

There is a bit of kick but nothing too hard. It is amazing how the spices mellow out in a brine. Of course not all of them make it to the final product. I should say I like my jerky plyable and not hard. Mine is easy to bite through and also easy to chew. This recipe is less salty than the others I have done thanks to the pineapple juice.

Top Bottom