First Burn Job on Memphis Pro - a Fattie

Kite

I was going to enter the contest, but there is no way my cook could be called Mexican. In any case, here we go. But first, I purchased my first grill accessory today - it is a must for a Pacific Northwest Griller

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

Everyone said I had to break the new grill in with bacon, and I thought the fattie's looked pretty happening, so here we go. We mixed half and half sausage and burger, sauteed potatoes, onion, green pepper, red pepper, and mushrooms, added some garlic salt, and piled cheddar cheese on top

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

Then it was on to the Memphis at 250 with Hickory pellets

DSC01509.jpg

Added corn on the cob with garlic butter and lemon zest (oh my gosh, to die for!) during the last 20 minutes of the cook. Then pulled at an IT of 160

DSC01512.jpg

Plated with a tall glass of home brew (one of the best batches I have ever brewed, if I don't say so myself)

DSC01514.jpg

And there you have it, my first shot at a fattie and my first meal cooked on a pellet grill. It was actually more fun than any 2 people should be allowed to have!!! And it was one fantastic meal to boot.

PaulyT

Excellent, on many levels! As a chemist, I always thought it'd be fun to try home brewing, I've just never gotten around to it, too many other projects... I love dark beers, though. Great looking meal, and congrats on the new grill.

Kite

Excellent, on many levels! As a chemist, I always thought it'd be fun to try home brewing, I've just never gotten around to it, too many other projects... I love dark beers, though. Great looking meal, and congrats on the new grill.

You should give brewing a try. It is very inexpensive to get started and a lot of fun!!

Kite

Just an update - Holy Cow! Fatties are GREAT even days later! Who knew?! I have had left over fattie with left over scallop potatoes (cooked the potatoes on Sunday, sorry, no pictures or post - it was awesome though.. just a lazy day. Pork loin, scallop potatoes (scratch of course, no boxes), and rice pudding all done on the Memphis) for lunch on Monday and today. I have to say, I am ruined for life! I am actually shocked at the amount of flavor the potatoes and pudding took on from the grill. The only issue is the layer of smoke on the side of my wife's white baking dish (oops, sorry honey).

Top Bottom