Flame Zone

bubbatdog

Just ordered one from Big Poppa. It came in an amazingly short amount of time, wasn't expecting that. Thank you very much for that.

Does anybody have good pictures of it installed, it can't be that hard, but I am an idiot?

Also, any recommendations on how to use would be great. Limited info that I can find online.

Do I put this in and leave it in for slow smoking and high heat? What are the cover looking things for? I didn't do alot of research before I bought it, but I love tinkering with this think.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

TentHunter

No worries, installing the FlameZone is pretty easy. Just take the blank pan out and replace it with the FlameZone making sure it tilts down to the right so the grease drains properly. There should be some wording showing you which side is the front.

You can leave it in, if you prefer, and use the covers for low & slow stuff, BUT with our 1 Star I really prefer using the FlameZone for when I want to grill something, and completely take it out and use the original blank drip pan for low & slow stuff.

The FlameZone covers sit a little higher than the blank drip pan (at least ours does), so it tends to radiate more heat to the food sitting on the bottom.

The two drip pans are quick & easy to swap, and this way you get the best of both worlds!

Now... if needed you can also configure for zones if you want. Put the FlameZone in, but cover one half. The uncovered side will be direct heat and the covered side will be indirect. Options are great!

bubbatdog

There are two covers? When they are on together they cover all but one row of holes? When using this, do you take out the heat diffuser? Literally no instructions what so ever were sent, just making sure I know how to use the best way.

Thanks

TentHunter

The two covers (one's bigger than the other) cover all the holes. And leave the heat diffuser in place!

You literally put the FlameZone in, in place of the blank drip pan, and start cooking with it. Nothing special to do.

We usually turn the grill to high and let it warm up for a good 10 - 15 minutes. We also have one of the searing grates, but that's optional.

Trust me, once you use it, the FlameZone will make sense.

Top Bottom