Greetings from Kansas

kirkk

Soon to be new Mak 1 owner here (just ordered today). Been using an ancient Traeger for a couple years (purchased from a buddy who was upgrading) and it finally died. Didn’t want to put $$$ into it and had been thinking about upgrading for a while anyway so decided to pull the trigger on a new Mak 1. Started out many years ago on a stick burners and then a WSM. Had been interested in pellet burners so jumped when my friend said he was selling his and quickly got hooked. Surprisingly I didn’t find this forum until after the purchase but glad I did.

My first cook on the Mak will be a turkey next week. Now off to find info on initial burn-in/seasoning for the Mak. Look forward to contributing to the forum.

Kirk

Salmonsmoker

Welcome kirkk, your new MAK will come with the burn-in instructions. Burn-in is a simple deal. Initial start-up takes a little time while the auger works the pellets to the fire pot, but after that start-up is really fast. When you get that first whiff of smoke, all your troubles seem to melt away. Seriously.

scooter

Welcome to PS.com Kirk and welcome to the MAK family!! Your MAK 1 Star will be the last pellet cooker you'll need to buy.

TentHunter

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a new MAK.

Salmonsmoker is right; the burn-in is a simple process. After that it won't take long to fall in love with that MAK 1 Star!

Top Bottom