Hey everyone, my name is John

Johng

I've been using the Smokenator for a few years now with my Weber charcoal grill. It works great but I'm ready to take it to the next level.
I've done a good bit of research and am very close to purchasing a MAK 1 Star or MAK 2 Star. It seems pretty straight forward to use and i really like the idea of not having to constantly monitor temps and adjust airflow.

I have one question with the 1 star and I'm hoping someone here can help. How do you empty out the pellets when you are done smoking, or if you want to try a new type of wood? The 2 star has the door, but I don't see anything on the 1 star. Do you just scoop the remaining pellets out?

TentHunter

I have one question with the 1 star and I'm hoping someone here can help. How do you empty out the pellets when you are done smoking, or if you want to try a new type of wood? The 2 star has the door, but I don't see anything on the 1 star. Do you just scoop the remaining pellets out?

Since there's no quick change feature on the 1 Star, we just scoop them out, and here's the easiest way we have found:

We have rectangular shape lidded containers for storing pellets. When we want to swap out pellets, we just place the container up against the side of the 1 Star, hold it in place with a leg, and use both hands to quickly scoop the pellets out. It's very quick and easy.

Top Bottom