Hi my name is Justin from Colorado

up in smoke

Hey guys I am new to the forum and looking real hard at getting into either a blazn gridiron or a rec tec. I would love to have a MAK 2 star but they are a little out of my price range. I am not new to smoking, I've been on stick burners for about 8 years now. Finally decided to cross over to the dark side! ;) I am glad to be apart of this community for the wealth of knowledge.

TentHunter

First, welcome to the forum!

Those are both fine grills. The Grid iron is made in the USA, and the Rec-Tec is, in my opinion, the best imported pellet grill available.

Another grill you might look at is the MAK 1 Star (check the pricing from Big Poppa Smokers). When you compare the actual FINAL cost (after adding shipping and the cost of a third-party downdraft baffle to the other two), there really isn't as much price difference as you'd think.

Before you decide, be sure to ask lots of questions and really do your homework.

Whatever you decide, be sure to stick around. Once you get your grill, you'll quickly become addicted to pellet grilling/smoking!

Cliff

up in smoke

Thanks guys for the welcome! I am stuck, I want the MAK and if I do I will need to get the 2 star because I feed an army and our place is go to for get togethers. I might just have to save a little longer. But I want to smoke NOW!

up in smoke

Yeah Big Poppa that sounds real tempting.... I may have to jump on that. I did notice that you have the 2014 model listed. Any news on whats going to change on the 2015 and when your going to get them in?

JessieBPS

Hey Justin,

We've been told that the 2015 MAK 2 star models will be ready for shipment sometime next week (fingers crossed). We haven't even seen the new photos of them yet! Once we get those new photos, they will be up on our site for pre-order/orders.

We also have a pretty neat layaway option (no extra fees and up to 6 monthly installments), you can read about it here.

Feel free to call us anytime to chat about the MAK: 877-828-0727

Top Bottom