Hi! My name is Mike and I'm an alcohol.. oops, wrong forum

Kite

Hi Everyone - if you have a problem with alcohol, please excuse my attempt at humor. I truly mean no disrespect. Actually, my heart goes out to you. My family has/is battling alcohol. I am just very blessed and lucky that I am not a victim. Okay, enogh soap box and I won't do that again, just the name of the section made me think about this tag line every time I saw it so I had to get it out of my system.

Seriously, I am new to this forum and new to pellet cooking. Actually, I haven't started yet. But first thing Monday morning I will put my order in for my grill. I have been grilling for all my life and just love it. I started out with the cheapest little cast iron thing (no idea what the name of that thing was - WAY too long ago) that was very basic - no lid, just a tub to hold charcoal and a grate with a handle. Then moved up to a weber (thought I had arrived then!) and then a big beautiful gasser (really thought I had arrived!). Then I was out at Costco last weekend and ran into the Trageger guy. My wife wanted to pull the trigger right there, but that is not how I do things like this. So we went home and started looking into this whole pellet grill idea.

I narrowed it down to 2 - the Grand Slam by Blaz'n Grill Works and the Memphis Pro. I found the Mak before Memphis but was left with a really bad taste in my mouth after calling them. I know there are a lot of Mak people on here, and I am sure it is a great grill, but the guy I spoke with on the phone really drove me away. I was calling to get information about his product and he came across as annoyed that I was wasting his time. So then I discovered Memphis and called Greg. I chatted with him about Memphis grills and at the end of the conversation he said "please call back if you have any more questions". That left me feeling that if I have any trouble with a Memphis grill, they will be there to help me. My big problem is there are no local dealers of any of the high end pellet grills so I can't go down and "kick the tires" - I have to rely on information gathered from others. Let's face it - $2000 or more for a grill, I want to know "why"! Bottom line - I have settled on a Memphis Pro and can't wait to get it out on my deck.

A bit about me and then I will move along. I am a father of 4 and a grandpa (well, they call me b'pa) of 2. I love my wife dearly and love the Lord even more (no worries, I am not a bible thumper). I enjoy sailing (Beneteau) and ride a Victory Vision. I am a pilot (Mooney) but don't fly nearly as much as I use to (should sell the plane I guess). I am also an avid woodworker (flat work as well as turning) in my "spare" time. And to pay for all of that I run a computer network consulting firm in the Pacific Northwest (just north of Seattle).

And that is me for what it's worth.

muebe

Welcome from Sothern California ;)

You are gonna love your new Memphis grill. Congrats and post pictures when you get it.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im really surprised that you got that reception from MAK They are very friendly....I hope that you will give me a shot at the business...we can take care of you before during and after the sale....mooneys are cool....

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Mike. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with MAK. I'm sure you've had one of those days when nothing goes right and your at your wits end and than the phone rings. You shouldn't answer it but you do. I'm certain whoever you talked to at MAK would love to have that call back, but what's done is done. Please don't judge the folks at MAK from one phone call. We all have one of those days on occasion.

Kite

Of course I will give you a shot at the business. I have not heard one person say one bad thing about you (although I am sure they are out there - no one can please everyone). I just got off the phone with Jesse and placed my order for a Memphis Pro. I can't wait.. I am almost ready to get in my truck and drive to MN to pick it up - save some time. BTW - Jesse had nothing but good things to say about you as well. You should give her a raise :)

Im really surprised that you got that reception from MAK They are very friendly....I hope that you will give me a shot at the business...we can take care of you before during and after the sale....mooneys are cool....

Kite

Welcome to the forum Mike. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with MAK. I'm sure you've had one of those days when nothing goes right and your at your wits end and than the phone rings. You shouldn't answer it but you do. I'm certain whoever you talked to at MAK would love to have that call back, but what's done is done. Please don't judge the folks at MAK from one phone call. We all have one of those days on occasion.

So Cal Smoker - I could not agree with you more!!! I definitely have "one of those days" more often than I would like to admit. I certainly have no illwill toward the MAK people. It was one of those things that I guess was meant to be. I don't do very well holding grudges anyway. As soon as I do I get taught a lesson the hard way about what a jerk I can be! I have to say that I would have most likely gone with the Memphis anyway - to me it was a case of the MAK controller vs the Memphis double wall and all 304 stainless. And since I live in the Seattle area (you may have heard - it rains a fair bit around here) I thought all stainless and insulated was of more value.

Top Bottom