Hi, my name is Scott and I am new to Pellet Smoking

scott6049

Hello, I am new to pellet smoking. I just purchased a new MAK Grill 2 Star General from BigPoppaSmokers. I have never used a pellet smoker, but I have been learning a lot on AmazingRibs.com from Meathead. I hope to learn from all of you too. Is the MAK 2 Star hard to put together? The people on this forum seem really educated in grilling and smoking. I can't wait to smoke my first meat.

RickB

Yes it is a 2 man job for sure. But should only take you about 90 minutes. Have fun and welcome to the Mak family.

It took me two six packs of Bud to put mine together, and it was already assembled.

At least that was my excuse.

Welcome to the forum and after it's assemblied, you need to make some Pig Candy. I think it's the rule here.

scott6049

Thanks

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I really look forward to learning how to smoke from you all. I already have one question, what is Pig Candy? and how do I make it? Also I Already have the beer, just waiting on my MAK to get here.

Last edited:

scott6049

I have seen peoples post that indicate that the MAK 1 Star General is better than the 2 star general. Is there any truth to that? and should I have ordered the 1 star general over the 2 star general?

Salmonsmoker

scott6049,
I think I've isolated the assembly problem that Silverback had. It wasn't the sixpacks, but who brewed them.:p:p

It took me two six packs of Bud to put mine together, and it was already assembled.

At least that was my excuse.

Welcome to the forum and after it's assemblied, you need to make some Pig Candy. I think it's the rule here.

You're from Illinois. Your assembly will go much smoother and with greater satisfaction, sipping something from Goose Island.:D
Sorry SB51, just tryin' to maintain the educational aspect of this forum.;);)
Welcome to the boards scott!

scooter

Welcome to PS.com Scott!!

I've put three 2 Stars together. One was with someone and two by myself. Prefer by myself. Use an electric screwdriver with an Allen bit and it will go much faster.

The 1 Star is a fine machine but you will NOT regret your 2 Star purchase!! Your made the right choice in purchasing from BPS also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Actually Great White is my true beer of choice, but I figured the majority would not know what it was.

Lost Coast Brewery | Beers | Great White

scott6049,
I think I've isolated the assembly problem that Silverback had. It wasn't the sixpacks, but who brewed them.:p:p

You're from Illinois. Your assembly will go much smoother and with greater satisfaction, sipping something from Goose Island.:D
Sorry SB51, just tryin' to maintain the educational aspect of this forum.;);)
Welcome to the boards scott!

scott6049

Ur welcome Big Poppa, I just want to learn how to smoke some really good food. Might as well learn on the best pellet smoker out there "The MAK". It was a pleasant process ordering from BigPoppaSmokers. Prior to placing my order I called customer service and they answered all of my questions without hesitation and even recommended what extras I needed to get. Thanks BigPoppaSmokers!

soupyjones

Welcome to the forums. If you want to learn new stuff there is no better place. We are looking forward to seeing you put your 2 star to work.

TentHunter

Scott,

Welcome to the forum, from NE Ohio, and congrats on your new 2 Star. Whatever you choose for your first cook, I'm willing to bet you're going to love it!

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum and MAK family. Scott please don't concern your self with buyers remorse, you will never experience that emotion with a MAK 2 Star. Good luck and good smoking.

Top Bottom