• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Homemade hot dogs

RickS

Is anyone willing to give out a good hot dog recipe? I was wanting to make some up and freeze to take on camping trips this summer.

thanx, Rick

TentHunter

I don't know if you'd call my recipe good or not. It was very experimental since it was my first attempt at Frankfurters.

I can PM you with the recipe if you like. Just remember, it's a prototype spice mix, and I don't have it tweaked & dialed in just yet.

Last edited:

TrickyDick

I posted a thread called Hot Dog!. though not sure on the spice mix I used, it was a recipe from one of the sausage books I have. I know this thread is old, but how did the hot dogs turn our for the OP?

I think a secret to great hotdogs is the casing. The casing I bought were not very good and burst a lot. Not the best diameter either for sheep casings. I would really like to find a source for casings that are pre-loaded stuffer tubes with the casings all-ready to go.

Top Bottom