How do you y'all clean your high heat gloves?

Big_Jake

So I was wondering how y'all clean your high heat gloves?I am talking about the ones used to pull pork,etc.

Big_Jake

Cool that's what I have been doing with the new ones I got.I was sticking my old ones in the dishwasher but the insides got nasty.Now what if you can't get to them right away.Will the hand washing thing still work?

Jim's method has served me very well, even when I have been lazy and let them sit overnight. Just takes a little longer and more effort if you let them sit.

Ozric

As you learned, it's darn hard to get the inside dry, so that's always been my biggest concern. Besides, my gloves have NEVER been nastier than the day I got them. Boy, did they stink to high heaven. :p

TentHunter

Leave them on and wash you hands in the sink with dishwashing soap. If done right away it.

Exactly how I do it too. Works like a charm and easy... IF DONE RIGHT AWAY!

Ozric said:
Besides, my gloves have NEVER been nastier than the day I got them. Boy, did they stink to high heaven.

Yep, the PVC coated gloves definitely have that uhm... "new glove smell" ;) when you first get them. The neoprene gloves don't (at least the ones I've gotten).

As far as getting the insides dry, that's one of the reasons in another recent thread I recommended the $28 gloves on the Big Poppa Smokers Store. The insulated liners come out for easy washing/drying. The outer gloves easily dry by simply hanging them up on a hook. Drying them has never been a problem.

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/bbq-accessories/neoprene-double-insulated-gloves

Keep in mind I bought mine before BP started selling them (in fact I recommended them to him) and paid a lot more than what he's selling them for. $28 is a real bargain!

Last edited:

Big_Jake

Cool thanks for the advice.Again that's what I did with the new ones.I washed them a few times with really hot water and dish soap.They still have a light pork smell,mixed in with a bit of the dish soap.Even after really scrubbing them.But maybe they will air out I guess?

Top Bottom