It's a small world

Kite

I haven't been around this forum much over the past year or more as my wife and I are out cruising on our boat. Currently we are in San Diego and leaving for Mexico Monday morning. A couple of days ago the cruisers in the Harbor Island West marina (where we are berthed) got together up in the pool area for a BBQ (well, *grilling* on the uuugggg... *gas* grill). One of the guys from Canada was touting his BBQ prowess talking about his history of competition BBQ in his home town. So on a whim I asked if he knew Big Poppa - and he does! Oddly enough, he had nothing but good things to say about you BP ;). So it is truly a small world - a guy from Seattle meets a guy from Canada in San Diego who knows BP. Who would have guessed...

scooter

lol good story Kite and glad you checked in before heading on your way to your next port. Safe sailing!

Kite

Thanks Scooter and Norcal! It's nice to be missed. I sure do miss my smoker!!! It is packed away in storage in Washington so when we get tired of sailing in the tropics (yeah, right!) we will head home and get smoking again. In some marina along the way (don't remember where it was) I saw a boat the belonged to a true smoker. He had built a rack on his push pit to mount a big green egg. It was very impressive. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture and was never able to find the person to chat them up. But it really brought a smile to my face. We are currently in Encenada Mexico. We will be leaving shortly for a leisurely cruise down Baja heading for La Paz to meet up with some friends from Washington that did the Baja Ha-ha this year (not our style - we like to take things a bit slower). Then on down the Pacific coast to end up in Panama by next spring. Jan is working hard to convince me to do the canal and the Caribbean next fall/winter. But I am wanting to do the puddle jump and spend some time in Tahiti. Time will tell if the admiral wins or not (if anyone wants to come visit, odds are we will be in the Caribbean next fall if you know what I mean).

Top Bottom