Lazy Windy Rainy Rib Day

SmokinSteiny

So, It was a rainy nasty day yesterday which intrigued me to put the new 2 star to the test and see how she performs. I have had many battles with my Traeger and it's performance with wind and stuff. As being from Central Illinois we usually have a great deal of wind..... I did the whole rib cook with a set temp of 275 and she was pretty consistent at 260 which is very very good compared with my Traeger. There is no looking back here, it may of been expensive but well worth it. Enough talking on with the cook.

Told ya it was nasty out.....
PB030033.jpg

I didn't feel like trimming them to St. Louis cut, it was rainy and windy out..... lol
Used Mustard and Sweet Sensation's Cherry Rub.
PB030032.jpg

PB030035.jpg

PB030036.jpg

Got a new camera when I came home so now I can actually take decent pictures too....
PB030039.jpg

PB030040.jpg

Final thoughts, they where pretty good although I think I under seasoned them....

Thanks for looking!

ACW3

Looks really good to me!! I judged a KCBS competition yesterday in Shelby, NC. Your ribs look better than most of the ones I judged. Out of six ribs entries, three of them were "restaurant quality" (i.e., "fall off the bone" and kind of mushy).

Art

Last edited:

TentHunter

Some of the best looking spareribs I've seen in a while.

SmokinSteiny said:
I didn't feel like trimming them to St. Louis cut

Hey brother, nothing wrong with that at all! They look good and meaty! YUM!

Ducaticraig

I'm smoking ribs tomorrow. I only hope mine look 1/2 as good as yours. Ok maybe not 1/2 but 3/4's as good. If your MAK can do that then I'm asking mine to do the same. Nice job with the camera!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom