Looking for a Mak dealer

SmokinJA

I live in the Richmond Va area and was looking for a dealer in my area. Would be nice for a dealer that sells both Mak and Yoder. Any ideas?

SmokinJA

I have read on here that people have seen them at their local dealer. That's why was asking. It's hard to spend that kind of money on something I can't put my hands on.

Salmonsmoker

I have read on here that people have seen them at their local dealer. That's why was asking. It's hard to spend that kind of money on something I can't put my hands on.

My research on pellet smokers started about 8 yrs. ago. The first year of research I decided on the MAK 2-star. The next 7 yrs. the recession/economy got in the way. Aug. 28th of this year I finally placed the order and it was delivered 4 days later on Sept. 1 (my birthday):D
I'm about 5-1/2 - 6 hrs. north of the manufacturer, so the road trip is short compared to your location. In those 8 yrs. I never got closer than pictures and reviews. I got exactly what I expected! A finely crafted machine, no false advertising and great service all around. Thanks MAK and Big Poppa!

SmokinJA

I started looking at the Mak 2 and Yoder YS640 about 5 yrs ago coming from a Bubba Keg grill I got on sale at Home Depot. While reading about them and others I ran into an article for Komodo Kamodo. I appreciated the workmanship of it and ended up getting one which wasn't cheap. My point is I was looking at the Mak and other pellet grills for the convenience of not having to babysit it, add smoke wood etc. After owning the Komodo Kamado for a while I'm back in the same boat I was then wishing I had something a bit more automatic. Live and you learn I guess.

KJRsmoker

I bought my MAK 2 Star sight unseen (I live near Chicago). I have had it a year and half and have not regretted my decision. It lives up to its reputation, and the customer service is outstanding.

Salmonsmoker

I'm not sure I would have it out in a driving rain. The hopper lid is designed such that it will shed water, and the controller is tucked under that somewhat, but still, dealing with electricity and electronics. I know I need to figure out something so I can cook on it all winter under protection. I live in the PNW and sometimes it never seems to quit raining in the winter. Or spring, or fall, or summer. Except this summer-over 70 days with less than a 1/2" of rain. Not the norm.

mcschlotz

You have to look hard and long to find someone who was not completely satisfied with their MAK purchase. Did my extensive research a few years ago and bought the MAK 2-Star via BigPoppa. Best decision I ever made. When you are ready, call Big Poppa!

I have owned one for 4-5 years and never had any problems. MAK builds a great machine. I am in Northern California so not a lot of rain, but have never had a problem cooking in the rain or forgetting to cover the grill after I am done. I bought mine sight unseen and have never regretted it. Worth every dollar.

KJRsmoker

I live in northern Illinois and experience temperatures from way below zero to 100F as well as rain, wind, and snow (sometimes all at once). I have used my MAK in all types of weather with no issues other than increased pellet consumption during the cold. I have my MAK plugged into a weather-tight extension cord and have had ZERO issues with electricity. Buy the MAK. You will not be disappointed.

SmokinJA

I live in northern Illinois and experience temperatures from way below zero to 100F as well as rain, wind, and snow (sometimes all at once). I have used my MAK in all types of weather with no issues other than increased pellet consumption during the cold. I have my MAK plugged into a weather-tight extension cord and have had ZERO issues with electricity. Buy the MAK. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I’ve been using a Komodo style charcoal grill and it’s getting to be too much work to prep and get and hold at temp. Lots of babysitting which at times I enjoy but sometimes I just want it to be easy and dependable. I like grilling pizza but it takes a minimum of 1 1/2 hrs to heat sync the grill properly and getting home at 6:00 just takes too long. I love my grill when I’ve got the time but not when I just wanna eat.

KJRsmoker

With the new FlashFire Igniter, the MAK takes no time at all to come up to temperature. I just cooked some bacon yesterday in my 2 Star. It took about 10 minutes for my grill to get up to temp (375F). Buy the MAK and you will not be disappointed.

SmokinJA

With the new FlashFire Igniter, the MAK takes no time at all to come up to temperature. I just cooked some bacon yesterday in my 2 Star. It took about 10 minutes for my grill to get up to temp (375F). Buy the MAK and you will not be disappointed.

What temp can the Mak get to?

TentHunter

What temp can the Mak get to?

Our newer 2017 MAK 1 Star, with the new FlameZone in grilling mode (FlameZone covers removed), using oak pellets it can easily reach temps in excess of 620° at actual grate level. Plenty hot enough to do some serious searing!

Here's a detailed review I did of the new FlameZone in action: http://www.pelletsmoking.com/mak-ce...e-searing-grate-griddle-detailed-review-8450/

The new MAK's, coupled with the new FlameZone truly are an all-in-one smoker/grill!

rockyballbuster

8 Years and Going Strong

You have to look hard and long to find someone who was not completely satisfied with their MAK purchase. Did my extensive research a few years ago and bought the MAK 2-Star via BigPoppa. Best decision I ever made. When you are ready, call Big Poppa!

I jumped in early and picked up #372, 2 Star back in 2011. I was the first purchase at our local retailer, Ranch and Home. I have smoked many butts and chinook in the 8 yrs since, and it's running strong. I had one glitch this year when initially lighting it off after sitting out (covered) on a deck through a particularly wet and snowy winter. Their customer service is exceptional, and took care of me pronto. They're built like a tank, and everything fits like a glove when assembling. When you buying a MAK, you get quality workmanship, design features that make maintenance and cleaning a snap, and excellent customer service.

It's true what they say, "Once you go MAK, you never go back".

Last edited:
Top Bottom