MAK Griddle

bubbatdog

Does anybody have this accessory? I am very disappointed what I got for $150. I can't believe what it cost to make. It can't weigh more than 4 or 5 oz. Was expecting something different I guess. Hopefully it functions well, then I won't care.

Is it supposed to sit up a little on the grill? Does anybody have pictures of it on the grill, multiple angles?

SmokinKat

Hey bubbatdog, hopefully these pictures will help show how it sits on the grill-- it rests on the same lip that the main cooking grates do. Also, remember the griddle is made from airplane grade aluminum, so even though it's plenty thick, the metal isn't as heavy as our stainless steel parts.

DSCF2672_zpsknxnfyxn.jpg

DSCF2670_zpszsjs5iiu.jpg

DSCF2673_zpskzezb3hs.jpg

DSCF2675_zps6g7i8rpx.jpg

Hope that helps, just let me know if you have any more questions!

bubbatdog

Wish there was a trade in promotion. I really wish I would have gotten the Mak 2. I will break it in this weekend with some grilled PBJ's for the kids and omelletes and fish for the Mrs. and myself

TentHunter

Bubbatdog... I have the MAK Griddle and absolutely LOVE it!!!

I think it's one of the most underrated accessories that MAK offers. You can do so much with it.

BUT, One more note: As mentioned above, the MAK Griddle is designed to be used with the main cooking grate removed. So for the 1 Star, you will need to pair it with either a 1 Star split grate, or a MAK searing grate, to complete your cooking surface. You can see the split grate in the pics below.

Here are just a few shots of it being used in our 1 Star.

Grilled Monte Cristo Sandwiches...
MONTEC07.JPG

Hot Dog Chili...
CCD04.JPG

Shallow frying some Crab Fritters (be sure to keep the temp no higher than 350° for shallow frying)...
SRFTRF04.JPG

And, like Big Poppa mentioned above, if you like an overall pan-style sear on steaks, then the MAK griddle is the way to go!

Last edited:
I don't have one but I like if from a design point in these pictures. I'm just surprised they didn't go with cast iron for that. I'm sure MAK has their reasoning for it, as everyone seems to like them.

Let us know how you like it after you start using it more!!

Top Bottom