MAK Grills Launches Web Application: www.makgrillsmobile.com

MAK DADDY

MAK Grills is the leader in innovation and we have now broke the sound barrier!
The new MAK Grills Mobile WiFi control is now available.

Control your MAK Grill from any device that has a web browser!

Real time grill temperature and food probe readings
Unlimited cooking programs
Graphs for current and passed cook logs
Timers
Meat probe alarms and descriptions of food
Email and text notifications
WiFi connection and Power off tools.
Recipe logs (coming soon)

jimsbarbecue

Currently using the latest software which I believe is the release version with temp charting etc. I really like this. It only gets better. The fact that I get emails when it hit the temps I set I have grown to expect.

MAKGrillsMobileScreenShot-L.jpg

Last edited:

JD McGee

Sweet! Waiting (not so patiently...lol!) to order mine with the new 3 Star General. Can't wait to add that weapon to our arsenal!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dnew

Still waiting for approval from the family CFO, sent in my justification memo and hopefully it will fly. CFO not quite understanding why a recent purchase for a Remote Boss was authorized and now the purchase of a WiFi module is also needed. Hopefully my creative writing will get me over the hump. I am sure my food will taste better once I utilize the features of the WiFi module. Let the BBQ Gods be with me.

RickB

Still waiting for approval from the family CFO, sent in my justification memo and hopefully it will fly. CFO not quite understanding why a recent purchase for a Remote Boss was authorized and now the purchase of a WiFi module is also needed. Hopefully my creative writing will get me over the hump. I am sure my food will taste better once I utilize the features of the WiFi module. Let the BBQ Gods be with me.

I went staight to bribing. Told her on the cruise we are taking in August she could spend 300 on a massage with Raoul! ;)

hehe dnew I feel it man... i held off on purchasing the remote boss (I really wanted it badly) for a long time to get the wifi. Hopefully it'll be all-that-more-and-then-some. =)

dnew

My other option - I am thinking this is one of those times that I should not ask for permission but instead ask for forgiveness. I save these up so maybe it is time I used Plan B.

RickB

My other option - I am thinking this is one of those times that I should not ask for permission but instead ask for forgiveness. I save these up so maybe it is time I used Plan B.

No no no ..never ask for forgiveness. They save those up! :) Much better to just sleep on the couch for a couple of nights and get it over with.

Last edited:

RickB

Currently using the latest software which I believe is the release version with temp charting etc. I really like this. It only gets better. The fact that I get emails when it hit the temps I set I have grown to expect.

MAKGrillsMobileScreenShot-L.jpg

Jim can you download and save the temp charting?

tajohns

Just installed the WIFI module in my Mak 2 Star.
Everything is working great the update and installing the module was very simple.
Now I just gotta figure what to cook today!

Thanks Mak Daddy for a great add on!!
By the way I really like your cap in the makgrillsmobile video.

Tom

Last edited:

Pappymn

Just installed the WIFI module in my Mak 2 Star.
Everything is working great the update and installing the module was very simple.
Now I just gotta figure what to cook today!

Thanks Mak Daddy for a great add on!!
By the way I really like your cap in the makgrillsmobile video.

Tom

About how long does it take to install?

tajohns

About how long does it take to install?

It literally takes longer to remove and replace the left side cover than it takes to install the WIFI module.
I spent more time entering the SSID & WEP key. The key kept reverting to 00000000 after I would press the star key, after 3 times I gave up and created a pass phrase instead, it worked the 1st time.

Also be very careful when you tighten the antenna lug nut, it snaps very easy. (don't ask me how I know).:mad:

Cheers,
Tom

MAK DADDY

It literally takes longer to remove and replace the left side cover than it takes to install the WIFI module.
I spent more time entering the SSID & WEP key. The key kept reverting to 00000000 after I would press the star key, after 3 times I gave up and created a pass phrase instead, it worked the 1st time.

Also be very careful when you tighten the antenna lug nut, it snaps very easy. (don't ask me how I know).:mad:

Cheers,
Tom

If you use a WEP Key it has to be WEP128 not WEP64, the WEP128 has a 26 digit code. If you have WEP64 security currently you can usually change it to WEP128 in your router settings.

RickB

Cheers,
Tom

Mine is supposed to be here tues. i use a pass phrase on my router. How do you enter it?

Sinitron

If you use a WEP Key it has to be WEP128 not WEP64, the WEP128 has a 26 digit code. If you have WEP64 security currently you can usually change it to WEP128 in your router settings.

Quick question, my module is on the way. Does the unit support WPA-PSK / TKIP, or WPA2-TKIP?

I find most home wireless users have their own pass phrases instead of WEP keys. Thanks!

Top Bottom