• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Shop Big Poppa Smokers

MAK Grills Mobile/Grill Control temperature alarms

AN89AG

I used to get a very annoying, er effective, alarm sound from my computer when my temp probe reached the set temperature (using the Grill Control on the web site). However, I no longer hear the alarm. I get the blinking red visual cues, but not the noise.

I am using Safari on an iMac.

Any thoughts on what to do to get the "lovely" audible alarm back?

Thanks,
John

AN89AG

*Bump*

To clarify, I’m using the Wi-Fi option and the MAK Mobile website. When using probes, alarms can be set. The alarms have visual cues, and there used to be an audible cue as well. I liked that, as I am not always looking at the computer screen. I also receive a text message, and that is probably the most useful notification.

Please post what you find out. I really like the WiFi & it’s ease of use. My phone doesn’t beep or anything either. I just noticed something that is my fault. If you look on your MAK mobile in the profile section. There are 2 places for notifications. 1 for a text & 1 for an email. I guess I left mine blank on accident. I’ll have to wait on my next cook to see if that was my problem?? At least check this & maybe you did what I did?? Please post your findings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom