• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

MAK Super Smoker Box Bacon!

sptucker

My first pics in a while...

Well, I was perusing my local Costco, and a minor miracle occurred: they had a great big pile of pork bellies for $2.39/lb. I bought an 8 pounder and the pics tell the tale!

Squared off and ready for curing:

Dry cure applied:

Overhauled and massaged every other day. 8 days later rinsed and let sit on rack in fridge for 24 hours, then smoked with hickory pellets in MAK Super Smoker Box 9 hours (overnight). MAK was on SMOKE mode, Maverick said temp was 90-100 degrees in Box. Slabs were hung vertically, but I got no pics cuz it was too dark, plus I was asleep. :rolleyes: Next morning, I upped the temp to 250 until bacon internal temp was 150:

Put in freezer for 2 hours, then sliced!

Result: BEST BACON EVER. I will be using the Super Smoker Box from now on!

BBQJUDGE

That looks delicious! I have a batch of Tent's Apple cider bacon brining in the fridge as I type. Will smoke this Sunday. I hope it comes out looking as good as yours.

Top Bottom