Name is Baldy. I upgraded to the Mak 2 star

Baldy52

I started three years ago with the Treager texas elite.I made a lot of good meals but a lot of frustrations. I had trouble getting temp above 400 and it was very hard to keep temp constant on high. Now that they are made in China the quality is way down. I had to keep replacing parts. The company was good about replacing things but the product is marginal at best. I looked at every pellet cooker out there on line I could find. There are some very interesting ones. I was impressed with quite a few. The Rec Tec is cool and seems like a must better product than the treager for same price. In that next price range the Mak 2 star general has so many innovations and features that it seems to be a step ahead. The Memphis seems very good as well but I live in Oregon where Mak is made.I have had mine for a week. It is amazing. The quality is outstanding. It is so gratifying to purchase something that is so well made and thought out. It was well worth the investment.

TentHunter

It sounds like you put a lot of thought into your purchase and are very happy with it. As a fellow MAK owner, I'm not surprised one bit.

Welcome to the forum, from NE Ohio!

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum and MAK family Baldy. There are many MAK owners here that are more than willing to share their cooking experience's, good and bad, LOL. Look forward to some of your cooks.

dnew

Welcome to the MAK family. Your story sounds like mine. I live in WA and I am super happy with my upgrade to the MAK 2 Star from a Traeger. No looking back, just enjoy all the MAK has to offer. Enjoy!

Baldy52

thanks what a great site and appreciate the positive feedback. I need to post pics will figure that out next.

Baldy52

Chicken and potatoes in the new Mak
null_zpsf36c3cc1.jpg

Top Bottom