New flamezone griddle and searing grate questions

MAK DADDY

Thanks MAK DADDY - should I leave the FZ cover on? I plan to have the MAK grill grate in the back and this would go over the front grate - its 11.3" x 19.2".

I would try that first, if it is thick enough you can probably get away with the flame zone opened to heat up faster if you need to.

You can't do that with the MAK Griddle because it is made from aluminum and will get way too hot!

TentHunter

Thanks MAK DADDY - should I leave the FZ cover on? I plan to have the MAK grill grate in the back and this would go over the front grate - its 11.3" x 19.2".

I would try that first, if it is thick enough you can probably get away with the flame zone opened to heat up faster if you need to.

You can't do that with the MAK Griddle because it is made from aluminum and will get way too hot!

I can vouch for that! With this new FlameZone, DEFINITELY leave the FlameZone cover in place under the griddle!

Hey Tent.

So when you use your griddle do you leave your flame zone cover on?
I thought I saw one of your picks and you had your grill grates in back and your griddle in front. So do you have the back FZ cover off for the grill grates and the front cover on to use your griddle at the same time?
Thanks!!

TentHunter

Hey Tent.

So when you use your griddle do you leave your flame zone cover on?
I thought I saw one of your picks and you had your grill grates in back and your griddle in front. So do you have the back FZ cover off for the grill grates and the front cover on to use your griddle at the same time?
Thanks!!

Yes; after learning my lesson (did you know veggies can turn into charcoal? :rolleyes:)... now when using the searing grate and griddle together I have the FZ cover OFF on the back for the Searing grate, and ON underneath the Griddle up front.

In fact I just updated the FlameZone review to reflect this!

Last edited:
Top Bottom