mattheine

I am researching pellet smokers. I've been using a very basic small barrel smoker (non electric). A 12 hour brisket takes a ton of care. Looking to make my smoking a bit less taxing. I am looking for reccomendations. Like to keep the price under $1200.

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Mattheine. Research is an absolute must when thinking about purchasing a Pellet Grill. Don't be in a hurry, take your time and ask a lot of questions. Keep in mind most of us love the PGs we are cooking on, so we may have a leaning towards that particular PG. Most important is to buy the very best you can afford (or maybe a little over). Remember, " Cry once and never look back" Good luck and good hunting.

Bill

TentHunter

There are lots of options out there these days. This is one of those cases where you really do get what you pay for!

The really cheap ones tend to have lots of issues or you can't get support because the manufacturer is in China. Not worth buying, IMHO.

To get good quality you will spend a little more.

Now, if you want the best quality, combined with the best customer service, and are willing to go a little over your budget, then take a serious look at the MAK 1 Star.

Big Poppa Smokers has them for $1499 and that price includes shipping. What I love about the 1 Star is you can get into a super high quality grill, then add options as budget allows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom