OK Give up your best go to Veggie dish on your pellet cooker

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok someone shrunk my pants all of them I couldnt possible be gaining weight...

lets see come veggies....Ill go last!

TentHunter

All of mine involve lots of butter and cheese.

Ha ha ha ha!!! I laugh because I was thinking the same thing! ;)

HR.JPG

Actually these aren't bad calorie-wise, but are really good. These only use 1/2 strip of bacon per wedge and we often omit the bacon altogether.

Wash the zucchini & cut into wedges, then wrap with a 1/2 strip of bacon. Sprinkle on some Little Louie's w/Black Pepper (or Jallelujah), then onto the grill at about 250°-275° until the bacon is done (approx. 45 min.).
ZUCCHIN1.JPG

Take off the grill and brush on a light coating of Italian dressing to finish.
ZUCCHIN4.JPG

I love this dish!

Last edited:

wneill20

I think BP maybe hitting the bottle! Wants veggie recipes without bacon, bacon fat or butter he better suck it up and buy big boy pants :)

hank858SD

Ha ha ha ha!!! I laugh because I was thinking the same thing! ;)

HR.JPG

Actually these aren't bad calorie-wise, but are really good. These only use 1/2 strip of bacon per wedge and we often omit the bacon altogether.

Wash the zucchini & cut into wedges, then wrap with a 1/2 strip of bacon. Sprinkle on some Little Louie's w/Black Pepper (or Jallelujah), then onto the grill at about 250°-275° until the bacon is done (approx. 45 min.).
ZUCCHIN1.JPG

Take off the grill and brush on a light coating of Italian dressing to finish.
ZUCCHIN4.JPG

I love this dish!

I must have missed out on the announcement when did bacon get reclassified into a veggie. . . Looks terrific

jimsbarbecue

I stole this one from Steph "Simply Marvelous" and Big Poppa "Big Poppa Smokers" They made this last year at Santa Anita BBQ contest.
Limone oil and Desert Gold seasoning. Cook at 400º for around 8 minutes. You want the asparagus to still have a little crunch. It is real good, with prices low now you have to try it. We served it at Easter and I made what I thought was way to much and it all disappeared.

IMG_2169-L.jpg

IMG_2170-L.jpg

IMG_2171-L.jpg

TentHunter

Oh Jim, you hit it right on, buddy!

We often do asparagus similarly; A little olive oil & Little Louie's, throw on the MAK towards the end of a cook & smoke just 'til tender. It picks up just a wafting of smoke - Very simple & delicious!

And like you said; it disappears... no matter how much we make!

KristenBPS

zuccini, yellow squash, sweet potato(super high in calcium, not too many "bad" carbs)

sprinkle with basil EVOO, douse with desert gold & grill away!!!

Top Bottom