Outside the box!

kskomodo04

For my first entry to my first contest here I wanted to go completely outside of the box and wanted to cook something I have not read on here about being cooked..... Mountain Oysters (Bull Fries). Now this is something way outside the box for me since I have only had these breaded and fried. Went to the near by meat locker and picked up some pre-skinned, pre-sliced fries. After thawing I laid them out and seasoned with some paprika and salt and pepper.

View attachment 1293

Put them on the Green Mountain Grill at 250° and let them smoke for 45 min.

View attachment 1294

After the 45 minutes taken off

View attachment 1295

Now for my opinion......I will not use the same seasonings again. They made a good sandwich with some creamy horseradish sauce. Something to definetly work on for the future.​

Rip

Outside the box, outside the bag...couple of beers first, I'd try them, you made them look pretty tasty.

ACW3

The first time I tried "bull fries" was after three or four FT's (after a long cold day of hunting in Montana). After you get past the "thought" of what you are eating, they are actually pretty good. I've only had them deep fried, however. Smoked and crisp'd up on the grill might be worth a try.

Art

Top Bottom