Pellets

kskomodo04

In the experience of all you long time pellet smokers is there a brand of pellets that works better? Puts off more smoke? Burns slower? etc etc.

ACW3

After cooking with pellets for the past several years, I can honestly say that most all will do a pretty good job. I have tried all that I could get my hands on here in North Carolina. After a while, you will discover which pellets you like. Unless you are dirty rich, you will probably decide to go with the ones that give you the most bang for the buck. I love cookingpellets.com pellets. They are hard to get around here. I have pretty much settled on BBQr's Delight. They have the widest variety of flavors available, IMO, and when you can get them as part of a really big buy, the price is really right. I have had no problems with them. Love the black walnut with pork. Love the fruit woods with chicken, fish and cheese.

If you want more smoke flavor, leave the meat on the smoke setting longer. I have done this repeatedly with great success. It's all about adapting your recipes to the pellet grill. A lot of fun, and it all tastes good.

Art

Top Bottom