Post Turkey Pork w/Spam

Phrett Bender

Friday was a day to not eat leftover turkey but make a few butts! While I was at it I thought I'd toss in a bit of Spam and see what all the hoopla was about. Turns out the Spam was absolutely fantastic! So were the butts, the guys at work today gobbled up 48 sammies in less than 45 minutes along with a double batch of BBQ beans made with maple syrup and ALLOT of smoked bacon. I didn't know if the Stoker and wireless would work well in the 15 degree temps so I plugged in a few other temp probes to be sure. I cooked the butts a little hotter than normal, about 240°, since my time was shorter than normal, but they turned out as good as the ones cooked at 220° and saved about 2 hours of cook time.

HPIM2632.jpg

HPIM2640.jpg

HPIM2641.jpg

HPIM2642.jpg

HPIM2645.jpg

TentHunter

Man, Phrett you were reading my mind! The wife picked me up a can of Spam so I could try Cowgirl's whiskey Spam. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen this weekend so I can just live vicariously through your pics!

Great closeup!

TentHunter

He he, I love seeing the pics with all the probes. Looks like Dr. Phrett's got those butts on life support!

I bet the followup surgery was a huge success!

Top Bottom