Proper way to use this forum?

383inTheD

I've had a look at the FAQ's and didn't find my answer there. I'm wondering what is the proper way to post your pics in the forum. Should I ...

a) post all pics in the PelletSmoking.com Gallery (post your pics here ...) and then somehow use a link to reference them if used elsewhere?

b) post pics wherever I want because it really doesn't matter

I've seen where some people post in the Gallery and then again in the Weekly Cooking Contest. Is this a double post or is it just referenced?

Thanks in advance.

Rip

Well, here's my 2 cents... The Gallery is where you post your cooks. The weekly contest threads used to be scattered throughout the Lounge. This made it a little difficult to go back and look at previous entries. Some people also post their contest entries to the Gallery, partly to make it easier to find older entries, and also it's easier for others to comment or ask questions on a specific thread than in the middle of the contest thread. Clear as mud? :)

Rip

To address the technical side of your question, just go into edit mode of wherever you posted first, select all, copy, then start a new thread and paste. You will have to retype the title. I feel duplicating your post is easier (for readers) than making a link to follow to the original post.

There are times when adding a link is handy. To do this, go to the web page you want reference, select and copy the URL (most browsers have this in a window at the top of the page). Paste this into your post. There are lots of other ways to do this too.

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom