Pulled Pork on the 2 Star

KJRsmoker

Smoked 4 pork butts from Costco on my 2 Star yesterday. Tried a new method that I read somewhere. Cooked at 225 F for 3 hours, raised temp to 325 F until internal temp of 165 F. Double foiled then cooked until internal temp of 195 F. FTC for 3 hours then pulled and vacuum sealed. Took about 8 hours total on smoker (some finished before others). Usually I would cook on 225 F until IT of 165 F then foil and continue to cook at 225 F until internal temp of 195 F. That would take anywhere from 11 to 16 hours. This new method was much faster and I didn't notice any difference in taste or tenderness. This new method will be my new way of cooking the butts.

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

Very nice!
I have tried this too and it works great but there is still something to be said for "I smoked this for 14hrs" :)

scooter

Proof that there's more than one way to BBQ something. I've tried it a few times and have come to the same conclusion as you with taste and tenderness but have found there's room and desire for both hot n fast and low n slow in my BBQ cooking processes.

Top Bottom