Questions using your steak rubs

txpgapro

I picked up the wife a 16oz. Angus NY Strip and for me a 16oz. Bison Ribeye for tonight's dinner. I want to try one of my latest rub purchases, Big Poppa's Double Secret Steak Rub. Just wondering what you all do prior to the sprinkle? I usually use a little EVOO then coat with the steak rub.

txpgapro

Thanks for the vote of confidence Smoker. Got the corn in the husks on the grill now. Been on about an hour or so, so they should be almost done. Then toss on the GrillGrates and turn up the volume to 550* for a quick sear to medium rare. Gonna be a great night!

ACW3

Add one more to the list. Basic, simple and tasty!! Don't forget the pictures!!!

Art

txpgapro

Extra virgin olive oil. I put it in a pump up spritzer that you can get at any kitchen gadget store. I use it quite frequently when cooking or frying.

Kite

I KNEW it was going to be a dumb question! I hate it when I'm right.. errr.. umm, that doesn't sound qute right.

txpgapro

I really like the flavor of the olive oil. Never tried grape oil or even seen it in stores. I don't like the peanut oil flavor.

Pappymn

Anybody ever think of starting an acronym stickie? When I first joined this site it was like learning a new language.

kskomodo04

Another question regarding rubs. I got some of the "Happy Ending" rub when I got some "Money" , now should this be applied to my pork butt after it is taken off the grill before the foil wrap, or after it is pulled? Does it even matter?

Top Bottom