Rao's Lemon Chicken

bflodan

There is a pretty well known Italian restaurant in NYC called Rao's and a second location was opened here in Vegas a few years back.. Not sure if its still the same way but last I heard it still took months to get a reservation in NY.. Not so bad here in Vegas.. There signature dish was a Lemon Chicken.. I finally found a recipe for it so I wanted to try it on the MAK!

Started out making the sauce first with all the ingredients shown plus a few more lemons.. Just juiced all the lemons, used no zest..

IMG_5872.jpg

Used 4 half chickens with just a little evoo, fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper..

IMG_5878.jpg

Put them on the Mak on smoke for 30 min and then upped it to 375 till an IT of 145

IMG_5890.jpg

Pulled them and separated into legs, thighs, wings and split the breast in two. Added them all into the Mak Griddle along with the sauce at 425.. The griddle was on during the whole cook so it was already nice and hot. Cooked for about 5 min per side.. I also earlier steamed some artichokes and marinated them in a balsamic italian dressing. I added those at the same time.

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

Pulled and topped with some fresh Parsley and all the sauce.

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg

Plated with the Artichoke and some homemade Parmesan Risotto.

IMG_5906.jpg

This could be my top Chicken Dish off the Mak!! It was Excellent! Cant wait to try this one again!!

sparky

how was the sauce made? i like your idea here. smoked, baked and then cooked w/ sauce. oh, it must have been very juicy and w/ great flavor. man, your chicken and sauce over some rice. ya baby. thats the ticket. great cook partner. :cool:

Deb

Let me know how you like it Deb

it was good. I used boneless skin-on chicken breast and I think next time i'll pull it a little earlier to put in the lemon as it didn't have alot of time to soak up the flavor. When I get the timing dialed in on the chicken breast it will be really good.

Top Bottom