Ribs N More

bflodan

Was in a Rib mood today so I grabbed 3 racks from the butcher also added in a few short ribs and some sour cream and chive twice baked taters...

I used Carolina Treet on 2 racks for the glue and tried out some D.L. Jardines 5Star rub, that same mixture also went on the short ribs.. The other rack I used the Chili infused EVOO from BP for the glue and Ca Fe Cheaux rub.... Onto the Mak on smoke for 1hr and upped to 275...

003-18.jpg

I also made a batch of beans... Was just a few cans of Bushes with some added onion, brown sugar, Pepper Plant Sauce and bacon...

After a couple of hrs..

010-13.jpg

011-12.jpg

After about 3 hrs I foiled for an hr and back on for about 45min... Sauced 2 racks with Salt Lick Sauce and the other with Hot Squeeze for about the last 20min..

015-13.jpg

017-9.jpg

018-11.jpg

019-8.jpg

023-7.jpg

Plated up with a nice bottle of Blue Moon, missing the orange, my son ate them all!!!

050-1.jpg

One of my better rib cooks!!! Im liking the Chili Evoo, dont usually use that on ribs but I will be now!!

Thanks!

Last edited:

scooter

A little back story for you Dan regarding this entry for the contest. After midnight last night I got a look at the scores and where everyone fell in the top 10. I looked at the difference between you in 3rd and NorCal Smoker in 4th and saw the 4 point difference. Looked at your criteria scores and noticed you both had scored very similar across the board. Only 1 or 2 points difference here or there but it was even going into the last criteria which was items purchased from BPS. I had counted 2 BPS items in NCS's entry and 6 in yours. That's a 4 point difference. And how many points did you push into the winners circle with?? yes, that's right...4 points!
The morale of the story is....always show your BPS products in the contest! :)

Also, your photo layout received a 10. Only 5 others recieved a 10 score in photography. Great job laying down the beautiful photo spread to tell the story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom