Shopping List

SmokinSteiny

So as alot of you may know I'm currently deployed and will be taking some much needed time off in April. I'm not looking for praises so please don't think I'm throwing out there to boost my ego, but just so you have a background on why I don't post any pictures of my cooks.

Anyways, I've been buying for the last month to prep for my return and the wife is starting to get irritated with the lack of storage space in the house due to my orders from BBQr's delight, DPS, and Amazon :cool: She'll get over it! lol I've bought a few spices and BBQ sauces and of course when I saw the Garlic infused EVOO I couldn't pass that up only bought one cause it's kinda pricey...... :(

What I wanna know is..... What does this vastly experienced great group of smokers consider to be your MUST HAVE rubs, sauces, etc.????? I'm compiling a shopping cart on BPS and will probably order this right before I come home, So I don't find all my BBQ stuff on the front lawn!:p Look forward to your responses. Love reading all your posts!

RickB

So as alot of you may know I'm currently deployed and will be taking some much needed time off in April. I'm not looking for praises so please don't think I'm throwing out there to boost my ego, but just so you have a background on why I don't post any pictures of my cooks.

Anyways, I've been buying for the last month to prep for my return and the wife is starting to get irritated with the lack of storage space in the house due to my orders from BBQr's delight, DPS, and Amazon :cool: She'll get over it! lol I've bought a few spices and BBQ sauces and of course when I saw the Garlic infused EVOO I couldn't pass that up only bought one cause it's kinda pricey...... :(

What I wanna know is..... What does this vastly experienced great group of smokers consider to be your MUST HAVE rubs, sauces, etc.????? I'm compiling a shopping cart on BPS and will probably order this right before I come home, So I don't find all my BBQ stuff on the front lawn!:p Look forward to your responses. Love reading all your posts!

Number one..thank you for your service to our country!

Now for the less important stuff...

For beef BPS Desert gold and DSSR.

For everything. BPS LL seasoned garlic salt

For some cajun taste.. soileaus. Ca fe cheaux

For seafood...The Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin

For ribs...DizzyPig Dizzy Dust and John Henrys honey rib rub

For Boston Butts or Pork Shoulders. My favorite is Bad Byrons Butt Rub!

Of course these are just my opinions...i am sure you will see many more.

squirtthecat

Smoke On Wheels BBQ Marinade for chicken... I've been through 6 bottles of it so far.

Any of the rubs from Plowboys are great.

Blues Hog sauce. I'd bathe with if if I could get away with it!

TentHunter

From BigPoppaSmokers...

Rubs/Seasonings

- Little Louie's seasoned garlic salts (Regular & with Black Pepper). Probably our most often used seasoning. Good sprinkled on darn near everything meat, seafood or veggie.

- Smokin' Guns "Gun Powder" & "Sweet Heat". Both are very versatile and full of flavor. We even sprinkle these over potato chips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBQ'rs Delight Pellets

- Go to flavors: Black Walnut & Apple.

- Other faves: Sugar Maple, Hickory, Oak, Wine-Soaked Oak.

Chili Head

Ditto on the smoke on wheels marinade,soileaus, little Louie's seasoning..especially desert gold, blues hog sauce and i gotta say the pepper infused EVOO as well.

sparky

well, from one vet to another here is my must have list.

1) soileau's bayou seasoning

2) BPS little louies w/ pepper

3) BPS desert gold

4) BPS double secret steak rub

5) john henry sugar maple rub (this stuff should be illegal its that good), JH brisket rub, JH chicken tickler

6) plowboys yardbird rub

7) 3 eyz (my #2 rub for my ribs. a must have)

8) mary's gourmet cherry rub (the only rub my wife likes on her ribs)

9) java lava (pepper pilot, great stuff)

10) butcher bbq honey rub

11) hasty bake (a oldie but a goodie)

12) big bob gibson habanero red sauce

13) blue hog origanal bbq sauce (one of my favorites)

14) american stockyard red raspberry sauce & southern blue sauce. great stuff.

15) smoke on wheels bbq marinade (its the chicken one). buy 3 bottles of this stuff. simple fantastic on fish, shrimp, tuna and vege's. it must be good on chicken but for fish there is no better. none.

16) the balsamic glazes. i have really been liken these alot. simply adds a whole new dimension to the flavor profile. i love this stuff. i use it on beef, pork, chicken and fish. what can i say, i like them.

i could live extremely well if i only had these rubs and sauces in my cabinet. :cool:

Last edited:

Tatonka3A2

I love seeing everyone's picks! We just bought some of theses but now I wish I would have added more to the cart.

scooter

TX BBQ Rub original (Ribs)
Slap Yo Daddy Meat Rub (everything)
Big Poppa's Double Secret Steak Rub (steaks/beef)
The Slabs chicken and rib rub (chicken)
Smokin Guns Hot (everything and ground up to powder makes a great finishing rub)
3 Eyz (everything)
Cookshack Brisket Rub
Big Butz Pig Pollen (ribs, just tried this one last weekend and fell in love with it)
The Rub Co Santa Maria Rub (Tritips)

Sauces:
Blues Hog, the best glaze in the universe but I mix it other sauces. I don't use it straight.
Big Butz Cranberry (the usual mixing partner with BH)
Kinders (best pulled pork sauce yet but shhhhh, don't tell anyone)

Get yourself a big bottle of Worcestershire sauce for glue and get yourself some Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO from Costco for $9.95 for a quart. I'll be trying some of BPs balsamic glazes soon. And the long awaited intro of his 8th wonder rub now renamed to Money. We've been awhile for this one.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK

Here is my list.

I like all of my stuff. So lets just put that on the table...I wouldn't sell it if I didnt...all of the stuff in the store I have to like in order to stock..Some of the rubs these guys like I really dont...so here it goes

no particular order

Plowboys Yard Bird
Smokin Guns hot
SMokin Guns Gun Powder
Russ and Frank Mild
Head Country Hot BBQ Sauce
Head Country regular sauce...a must and 70% comp teams I bet us this in some bliend with...
Blues Hog Regular....I use thisto mix with other sauces and never more than a 1/4 cup
Pepper Plant BBQ Sauce
Hot Squeeze
All of the balsamic glazes I use as glue...I blend pomegranite and cherry for chicken
3 eyes
SMoke on wheels pork marinade
Big Moes...(its a staff pick1)
Wee willys white sauce for chicken for a change up
Williams Fajita rub...really nice
RIb Tickler
Butchers honey rub and premium rub
obie ques double garic and sweet heat

Cotton Gloves
Neoprene gloves and disposable gloves
cutting boards

Blues Hog Tennessee Red...blending too usually a 1/8 of a cup

RickB

OK

Here is my list.

I like all of my stuff. So lets just put that on the table...I wouldn't sell it if I didnt...all of the stuff in the store I have to like in order to stock..Some of the rubs these guys like I really dont...so here it goes

no particular order

Plowboys Yard Bird
Smokin Guns hot
SMokin Guns Gun Powder
Russ and Frank Mild
Head Country Hot BBQ Sauce
Head Country regular sauce...a must and 70% comp teams I bet us this in some bliend with...
Blues Hog Regular....I use thisto mix with other sauces and never more than a 1/4 cup
Pepper Plant BBQ Sauce
Hot Squeeze
All of the balsamic glazes I use as glue...I blend pomegranite and cherry for chicken
3 eyes
SMoke on wheels pork marinade
Big Moes...(its a staff pick1)
Wee willys white sauce for chicken for a change up
Williams Fajita rub...really nice
RIb Tickler
Butchers honey rub and premium rub
obie ques double garic and sweet heat

Cotton Gloves
Neoprene gloves and disposable gloves
cutting boards

Blues Hog Tennessee Red...blending too usually a 1/8 of a cup

Ok bp how about matching these rubs and sauces to meats. Would love to learn.

smokerjoe

BPS LL seasoned garlic salt - Everything
BPS double secret steak rub - Beef
Plowboys Yard Bird - Everything
3 Eyz - Pork

Top Bottom