Shrimp & Salmon

383inTheD

Fish Friday

My bucket list was telling me I needed to experiment more with seafood so I thought why not? I stopped by the local fish market and picked up some supplies. I first saw they had some fresh sockeye salmon so that immediately went into my brain cart. Next, I thought what about something to accompany that nice filet … I know I’ll get some shrimp.

I cleaned up the shrimp and made a marinade using fresh parsley, lime juice, olive oil, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Into the bath they go for a couple of hours. Next is the salmon prep. I decided to go for a sesame ginger marinade – yea it’s old school but always tasty. After washing the fish and deboning, into the sauce she goes.

Okay, I’ve got the proteins covered now what to do for carbs … Well the garden is just busting with fresh tomatoes at the moment and there’s continual sweet basil shooting skyward so I guess it’s time for a tomato-basil-garlic salad. Alright, got one cold dish and why not a sweet potato for a starch. I made up some cinnamon butter to top it off.

Food009-2.jpg

The whole meal was delicious. The fresh tomatoes and basil was a great reminder to enjoy summer while it’s here. The sweet potato and cinnamon is – well – always a good side. The sockeye was just outstanding cooked to IT of 165. And then there are the shrimp. Man those shrimp smelled simply phenomenal coming off the MAK. But that was just the teaser; I was really impressed by the flavor even after de-shelling the shrimp. Man this is fun!

Meat Man

Nice! Question I noticed that you are cooking on something that looks like a wire mesh on top of your grill grates? Is that correct? Or what the heck is it? We love to do fish on the grill, but would love to try the MAK, but the fish will fall through. Frog mats or wire mesh. What do you think?
Thanks

CarterQ

Great looking meal there, can't say it better than anyone else already has! As for the wire mesh I would have to guess he is using a frog mat, they are non stick and work killer for fish and small items.

Top Bottom