Sloppy Joes

Deb

Sloppy Joes

I have been craving these since Squirt did some last week but haven't cooked much this week. Crappy weather today so I had time to cook dinner ;)

started by putting some ground beef in the griddle with some garlic, shredded zucchini, carrot, and onion (the veggies cook down so you don't know they are there and make it healthier - I usually do with ground turkey).

photo-108.jpg

Let it hang out on smoke for a short time then up a little to brown the beef. Then added crushed tomato, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire and some other stuff and simmered for awhile
photo-109.jpg

All set to eat, whole wheat bun, couple onion rings and some boars head 3 pepper cheese shredded over the top

photo-110.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited:

RickB

Home made sloppy joes? Thats just too cool. Looks great Deb.

Ps Glad you didnt do turkey! ;)

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
ooooohhhhhhhh I havent had dinner yet What I wouldnt give for a plate of that! Great to see you cookin Deb!

Moomtaz

The griddle is one of those nice touches on MAK grills. Makes for a more versatile cooker. Was that an add on or did it come with the grill? The joes look fantastic, by the way.

Deb

ooooohhhhhhhh I havent had dinner yet What I wouldnt give for a plate of that! Great to see you cookin Deb!

my cooks lately must have been pretty forgettable , I think I only missed one week :confused: I have been spending a fair amount of time in my kayaks though. I just started learning whitewater and my first time on the river was thursday and it was so worth not eating dinner :cool:

Deb

that looks so yummy deb. whitewater kayaking? your a risk taker. love it. any class 4's rapids yet?

no class 4 , it's only my second week (first on the actual river) and there isn't much water, more rock avoidance this week. I don't know if i'll ever get that far, there are quite a few rivers around here but mostly flat, class I,II in most spots. Gotta get my roll first.

this is one of the spots I was at but there is alot less water right now (some CT surfin for you spark :) )

Last edited:
Top Bottom